Thursday, May 24, 2007

Finals week....

is finally over!
Actually, it didn't take as long as I thought it was, and it wasn't nearly as hard. The first grades have already started coming in. So far, so good.

I just ordered this camera from Costco. The entire reason I'm buying it is so I don't have to argue with my sister over cameras this summer, since she will be at Stanford and Michigan, and I will be in Lenox, MA. Apparently you can run into Joshua Bell in the woods there, and if I run into Joshua Bell and I don't have a camera.
Well.
Somone's head will roll.

Speaking of cameras, there is such a movement of mechanical cameras and watches in the popular culture. At a rock concert a few weeks ago, the guitarist had the best old camera - it wound and clicked and clacked and had finicky parts that might break if you smacked them hard enough. But at least you could see fissures if it broke instead of just a bug in the system.
He worked it too - he had the gloves and the glazed look.
It must be part of the revival of old stuff - so everyone went through their victorian-esque phase and now we've moved on to... I don't know, the sixties?
Maybe it's just a backlash against not being able to find your phone anymore because of how small they are. OR crappy cell phone pictures.
I ask you: When you can take amazing pictures with these new digital cameras why would you put people through the pain of hundreds of blurry pictures?

And what about watches? Men's watches are big contests for who can have the most gears. They tell the time in several time zones, and do leap years, the exact day of the week.
But they don't make them like that for girls. Not enough room on the feminine wrist, apparently.

No comments: